This is the USS Theodore Roosevelt
CVN-71, scratch-built in 1:125 scale. It has been built for radio controlled
- After removing foam, begin construction of keel and outer
- Using a fine auto putty fill all seams. Sand haul then
resin and sand. This process is a pain but must be completed at least three
- Begin wiring and basic detailing.
Features incorporated in this ship are as follows:
- full r/c with back-up power supply.
- anchors drop and raise.
- water canon for the children.
- antennas function near proper rpm range.
- lighting through out.
- Launches eight missiles (rocket propelled).
- Launches four aircraft off catapult
- Three hanger decks fully animated.
- Authentic carrier sound.
- TT scale people - painted.
- Paint scheme intentionally done (oxidation, grease, oil).
- Helicopters w/ main and tail rotors working.
- Main safety switch which cuts off ALL power.
This was a fun build which took approimately.1000 hours. She
sails great and will officially go out July 04, 2006.
Richard F. Smith III
Heritage Park, Chula Vista, CA