This is a project I started in January of this year and finished in July. I used WEM photo-etch from their Sovremenny set, which is expensive for me but I think it is a very good detail set. However, I did not use their turret set. I used a mixture of Tamiya and Gunze paints for overall look and weathering. I think Trumpeter has produced a very detailed kit, which has many parts, although some parts are hard to align with the main hull. The part to which the chains are supposed to link to the anchor are missing, so I had to create my own. Overall I'm pleased with the whole kit. I felt that this is the most detailed ship that I have personally built.

Sov_31[1]A.jpg (44950 bytes) Sov_28[1]A.jpg (62817 bytes) Sov_27[1]A.jpg (95587 bytes) Sov_24[1]A.jpg (109496 bytes)
efxSOV3[1]A.jpg (69349 bytes) missileSOV[1]A.jpg (98805 bytes) Sov_16[1]A.jpg (59274 bytes) Sov_23[1]A.jpg (70064 bytes)
Sov_3[1]A.jpg (97776 bytes) Sov_4[1]A.jpg (119791 bytes) Sov_18[1]A.jpg (109745 bytes) Sov_14[1]A.jpg (99405 bytes)

Lim Kian Seng
Singapore

_____________________________________________________________________________________________